Academic Papers and Publications
Peer Reviewed Publications
- “Antitrust and Accountable Care Organizations: Observations for the Physician Market.” Medical Care Research and Review, January 2016, 1077558715627554. (with Samuel A. Kleiner and William D. White)
- “Environmental and health impacts from the introduction of improved wood stoves: evidence from a field experiment in Guatemala.” Environment, Development and Sustainability 13, no. 4 (2011): 657-676. (with Kent Moriarty, and Bruce Wydick)
- The Efficiency Implications of Physician Integration: Behavioral vs Administrative (view current working paper)
- The Impact of ACO Formation on Physician Referrals (with Samuel Kleiner). Funded by a grant from Cornell’s Institute for the Social Sciences. Presented as a poster at ASHEcon 2019. (view current working paper).
- Physician Practice and MCO Negotiation: The Impact of Time Sensitive Supply and Demand. Presented as a poster at ASHEcon 2018. (view current working paper).
- Heterogeneous Impacts from the Release of Inpatient Care Reports in Texas (view current working paper)
- Identifying and Correcting Bias Driven by Market Boundaries in Willingness-to-Pay Estimates (view current working paper)
Works in Progress:
- Insurer Market Structure as a Determinate of Physician Practice Size (view current working paper)
- Who does what? An Analysis of the Relationship Between Physicians’ Specialties and Procedures (preview)
- Did Medicare Accountable Care Organizations Increase Integration? A Look at Patient Sharing Patterns