On February 22, 2019, I had the honor of sharing my experiences and thoughts on using podcast creation as an assignment in an economic course.
Below are some resources that you may find helpful:
- The slides from my presentation can be found here.
- The worksheet handout I handed out is here.
- Sample assignment
- Sample rubric
- My class’s podcasts can be found on iTunes, or on Spotify.
Other useful outside resources:
- Nie, M., Cashmore, A., & Cane, C. (2008). The educational value of student generated podcasts. ALT-C 2008 Research Proceedings, 15-26. Retrieved from
- Podcasting in the Classroom: Tips and strategies for building a podcasting assignment that does more than embrace the trendy by Bret Zawilski (Assistant Professor of Rhetoric and Composition @ Appalachian State University)
- Ideas on Fire: Teaching with Podcasts: Assignments, Scholarship, and Critical Listening by Cathy Hannabach (CEO of Ideas on Fire)
- Online transcribing resourse (https://otranscribe.com/)